Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Yo, I'll Tell You What I Want, What I Really Really Want.

Growing up in the 90s my dream was to become the sixth member of the Spice Girls. Sadly that never happened, but that didn't stop me from dressing up as Baby Spice for Halloween, eating Spice Girls candy and wearing platform shoes with every outfit. My favorite pair was by Sketchers (remember them?) and they were similar to a pair of black Converse, except the white sole was a 2" or 3" platform. Fast forward some 10 plus years later and I came across this image on Fashionista.com the other day.



The first thing I thought of was the Spice Girls and I knew that Ginger would have been rocking those in a heart beat. I spent the last few days wishing I could watch Spice World on repeat and started to ask myself "Would Scary or Sporty wear these shoes?". The answer would always be "Hell Yea!". Here are a few of my favorite Shoes for Spring '09 along with who I feel would rock them the best during a TRL/ Carson Daly interview.

Ginger: Stella McCartney Nautical Platform Mary Janes- $895



Scary: Gucci Lucy Platform- $1475



Baby: Miu Miu Sequin Platform Pump- $950


Sporty: Nike Dunk High 6.0 in Mint- $79.99


Posh:Christian Dior Miss. Dior Patent Pump- $590

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty much want all of those shoes, except the sneakers because I hate sneakers haha

Brook and Lyn said...

Ginger spice's shoes can also go for Sailor Moon I think!

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good day ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking allowing for regarding that meticulous brand. The prices seeking the shoes were all over 180 dollars on every page. But finally I found this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order these. what do you think?